Windows 7 Professional w/SP1 32bit - Low Cost Packaging Product Description
Microsoft's Windows operating system is arguably one of the most popular to have even been released.
Windows 7 Professional looks like it could be ready to continue its sterling reputation, with a whole host of features that aim to make the experiences of everyday users easier and more comfortable.
Desktop navigation features such as Snap, Peek and Shake, offer a more user-friendly interface, making easier to manage all of your open windows.
And if you are looking to create a home network, you can do so with ease. There is even the possibility of being able to share files and printers with all of the PCs running Windows 7 on your network.
There is also the chance to now find whatever you need by simply typing a word into Windows Search, which allows you to access everything you need quickly and easily.
This latest version enables users to run multiple Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP mode, while you can even set it up to protect your data with automatic back-ups to you home or business network, meaning that your most important documents and applications are always safe.
Connecting to a company network has been simplified and with Domain Join it also offers greater security.
Although ideal for business users, Windows 7 is also well suited to those looking to indulge in more entertaining areas, due to the Windows Media Centre, which allows you to watch, pause, rewind and record live television.
There are a number of features within Windows 7 that are designed to really make the most of the power that is available to your computer. One of which is the ability to make your PC sleep and resume at a quicker pace, while it also manages to take full advantage of the power and multi-tasking capabilities of the latest 64-bit PCs.
One thing that is worth bearing in mind is the fact that Windows 7 does not come with Microsoft Office.
Windows 7 Professional - Everything you need for work and home
With Windows 7 Professional, you'll be able to run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP mode* and you can set it to help safeguard your data with automatic back-ups to your home or business network. You'll be able to connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join. And with entertainment features like Windows Media Center, it's great for home as well as for business. Need to use multiple languages on your PC or help protect your data with enhanced BitLocker security? Get Windows 7 Ultimate.
Simplifies everyday tasks
- Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows. ·
- Creating a home network has never been easier. You can even share files and printers with all the PCs with Windows 7 on the network. ·
- Find virtually anything on your PC - from documents to songs to email - just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
Works the way you want
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of the power and multi-tasking capabilities of the latest 64-bit PCs.
Makes new things possible
- Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center. Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Don't forget… Microsoft Office is not part of Microsoft Windows In order to get the most out of your new PC, don't forget to purchase a Microsoft Office suite.
- Windows® 7 System Requirements
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit) ·
- DirectX® 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
If you are upgrading from Windows XP, you will need to back up your files and settings, perform a clean install and then re-install your existing files, settings and programs. Visit windows.microsoft.com/upgrade for more information.
Additional Requirements to use Certain Features: ·
- Internet access (fees may apply) ·
- Depending on resolution video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware ·
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required ·
- Windows Touch and Windows Tablet require specific hardware ·
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs with Windows 7 ·
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive ·
- Music and sound require audio output ·
- Windows XP Mode requires:
- Additional 1GB of RAM
- Additional 15GB of available disk space
- Processor capable of hardware virtualization, with Intel-VT or AMD-V turned on
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware; visit http://windows.microsoft.com/products/windows-7/system-requirements/
OEM Software Notice:
· To purchase OEM System Builder software, you must be a System Builder and accept the System Builder License. "System Builder" means an original equipment manufacturer, an assembler, a Refurbisher, or a software preinstaller that sells the Customer System(s) to a third-party. OEM software may ONLY be distributed with a fully assembled computer system.
· For a desktop operating system or application software, the software also must be preinstalled on the hard drive of the fully assembled computer system, using the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).
· The system builder who installs the software is responsible for the provision of end-user support.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 - 32-bit|
|Licence Type||Licence and media|
|Licence Qty||1 PC|
|Peripheral / Interface Devices||DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card|
|Min Processor Type||Intel x86 - 1 GHz|
|Min RAM Size||1 GB|
|Min Hard Drive Space||16 GB|
|Additional Requirements||DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card|
|Licence Type||1 PC|
Windows 7 Professional 32bit With Disc
- Brand: Microsoft
- Product Code: FQC-08279
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £114.17